The liberal elites in the American media just got terrible news – their credibility is totally wrecked.
The reason why should be pretty obvious – Americans are angry and frustrated at the media’s constant conspiracy theories relating to President Donald Trump and Russia. The latest poll of American voters shows that basically none of Trump’s supporters are buying the Russia story at this point.
The media is getting exactly what they deserve – they have constantly cried wolf and circulated unfounded allegations against Trump. They shouldn’t be surprised that nobody believes what they’re saying anymore.
See for yourself – the following highlights come from a national poll of nearly 1,000 U.S. voters (via Public Policy Polling):
- 72% of Trump voters consider the Russia story overall to be ‘fake news,’ only 14% disagree.
- Only 24% of Trump voters even want an investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, 64% are opposed to an investigation.
- Even if there was an investigation, and it found that the Trump campaign did collude with Russia to aid his campaign, 77% of his supporters think he should still stay in office to just 16% who believe he should resign.
- Only 26% of Trump voters admit that Russia wanted Trump to win the election, 44% claim Russia wanted Hillary Clinton to win, and 31% say they’re not sure one way or the other.
- Just 13% of Trump voters believe that members of Trump’s campaign team did work with the Russians to help his campaign, to 81% who say they didn’t. On a related note only 9% believe that either Donald Trump Jr. or Jared Kushner engaged in illegal activity to help Trump get elected, to 77% who say Kushner didn’t and 79% who say Trump Jr. didn’t.
Even though the media has been making up claims against Trump and the Russians for months now, only a small portion of conservative patriots across the country believe them.
The press has failed us and now Americans have lost all confidence – journalists are getting what they deserve.